5 reasons why Halo 3 is the best xbox game online:
- 1. Even maps, even (enough) weapons
- 2. Variety (lots of game types, weapons, vehicles, equipment)
- 3. Replay sets the bar. No game competes with the replay system of Halo 3. I can watch any game from any angle at any speed; and save clips and share easily with friends. Even the campaign has replays.
- 4. Halo 3 is the newest Halo. Halo 1 (xbconnect) online players never got sick of Halo CE, its just that Halo 2 came out. Halo 2 players put up with mods and cheaters to get in a few good games for years, it didn't get old either - Halo 3 just replaced it.
- 5. The Ranking system is great. Two simple, cool ways to rank. Quitters are leveled down.
5 reasons why Halo 3 may decline fast:
- 1. Team Hammers. Completely random, try playing these blindfolded in another room upside-down, you'll find you do just as well if not better.
- 2. BR is less than Pistol. Halo 2 didn't have the pistol, Halo 3 should have. It didn't have to be as dominate, but it shows more skill than even the BR - which sprays a bit. The pistol changes how maps are played too, Hang'em high just wasn't nearly as fun for Halo 2 without it.
- 3. Both players don't die. If you have no health and I punch you, you should die. Halo 3 implemented some weird system about who dies in a close beat-down fight. I can beat you down second and still win the fight. Why can't both players just die, like they did in Halo 1 and 2. If you are dead, you are dead. I don't mind dying as much if you die too.
- 4. Every match is a ranked game. What is the point of having ranked and unranked options? I'm a 47 and every game that I play in I play 47's. I have to always bring my 'A' game. Good players like to rape sometimes. If I never win by more than 10, its not as fun, no matter who I play. If I do win its not that much fun either because I only beat someone about my rank. I never lose by much either, sometimes I want to get killed by much better kids, so that I can try to step it up. If I want to play a ranked game I'll choose ranked - thank you.
- 5. n00bs and lower ranked players appear to get a handicap. They can beat-down further, grenades hurt more from further away, take more shots to kill, their shields come back in 4 seconds, not the normal 6. More on this to come (proof I mean), but check it out for yourself, go watch one of your games.